We regulate and oversee organisations to uphold children and young people's right to be safe.
We regulate, monitor and support child-related organisations by building capability and using risk-based enforcement powers. We enable organisations to take action to prevent harm to children and young people through risk identification and management. We:
- have oversight of child-related organisations
- promote child safe practices
- identify gaps in protection
- monitor performance and trends, and
- detect and act on non-compliance.
We require organisations to use the child safe standards to implement child safe practice within their organisations. We provide guidance on how to implement the standards and organisations are expected to demonstrate how they create and maintain cultures where children's interests and rights are prioritised.