How to get in touch with the NSW Office of the Children's Guardian.
Top 3 questions about the Working with Children CheckOpen all
- Can I complete the WWCC application process from overseas or interstate?
No. You must be in NSW to complete the Working with Children Check application process. This is because you need to attend a Service NSW Centre to have your identification verified and to make payment, if applicable. There is no alternative to this unless you are an authorised carer or adult household member.
- How do I get a Working with Children Check?
The first step is to do your Working with Children Check application online by going to www.ocg.nsw.gov.au/check.
Once your application form has been completed online, you will be given an application (APP) number.
The second step is to take your application number along with proof of identity to a NSW Motor Registry, RMS Agency, or Service NSW service centre. Find a location at www.service.nsw.gov.au/service-centre.
Paid workers will pay a fee of $80. For volunteers, the Working with Children Check is free.
Finally, you will receive an email once the Working with Children Check has been completed.
- What proof of Identity documents do I need to provide?
Once you have completed your application online, you must take your email receipt along with the necessary proof of identity documents to a Service NSW centre to finalise your application or renewal. You can either print out your application email receipt, or just show the receipt on your phone.
The identification documents you provide must be original, hard copy documents and must include at least one photo ID.
Types of document you will need
- One commencement of identity document (such as birth certificate)
- One primary use in the community document (such as driver licence)
- Two secondary use in community document (such as Medicare card and bank card)
If you have a hearing or speech impairment, you can contact us through
- voice calls or telephone typewriter (TTY) call 133 677 then ask for 13 77 88
- speak and listen service call 1300 555 727 then ask for 13 77 88
- SMS relay service on 0423 677 767 then type 13 77 88
- make an internet relay call then type 13 77 88.
Contact us web form
Please send us your enquiry, feedback or complaint using this form. If you want us to be in touch with you, please provide contact details. Before sending the form, please read our Correspondence handling statement.
Working with Children Check
Media enquiries (from journalists only)
Office of the Children’s Guardian
Locked Bag 5100
Strawberry Hills NSW 2012
Report a concern about an adult or organisation
Concerned for a child?
If you think a child or young person is at risk of harm from abuse or neglect, contact the Child Protection Helpline on 132 111 (TTY 1800 212 936), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For complaints or concerns about an NDIS provider, contact the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission on 1800 035 544.
Kids Helpline: 1800 551 800 (free)