For organisations

Organisations that provide services to children in NSW have a responsibility to keep them safe.

child building with blocks

Child-related organisations in NSW have a responsibility to protect children from harm and abuse. Organisations providing services to children may have obligations under the Working with Children Check (WWCC), Reportable Conduct Scheme, Child Safe Scheme or Child Safe Standards for out-of-home care. 

Know your obligations

Organisations must verify WWCC details, apply the Child Safe Standards and report child protection concerns when they occur.

Training and resources

We offer free child safe training and other resources to help organisations develop and maintain a child-safe environment.

Employing children

If you want to employ a child in entertainment or modelling, you must have an authority to employ children.

Was this page helpful?
Your rating will help us improve the website
You can now renew your WWCC by using digital proof of identity – no need to visit a Service NSW Centre.
How to renew using digital proof of identity (POI)

You will need:

  • A MyServiceNSW account with the WWCC service added
  • 3 current identity documents including a NSW driver licence or photo card
  • a device with a working front camera for face verification.

If you're renewing a paid WWCC, you will also need a credit card, debit card, PayPal or PayID account.

If you have an expired WWCC clearance or have changed your name on your identity documents since the last time you renewed your WWCC, you can't renew using digital proof of identity.

Back to top