Understanding and Developing a Child Safe Policy – new resource now available
Our latest handbook will help organisations create or improve their Child Safe Policy.
A Child Safe Policy is the principal document needed so child-related organisations can protect children and young people from harm and abuse. A Child Safe Policy should underpin the implementation of the Child Safe Standards. It will help organisations meet their responsibilities under the Child Safe Scheme.
This handbook will provide you with information about:
- how to declare your commitment to being a child safe organisation with a Statement of Commitment to Child Safety
- the structure of a Child Safe Policy
- the elements of a Child Safe Policy
- how to identify and manage matters of high risk
- how to develop a Child Safe Policy
- how to communicate a Child Safe Policy.