72-hour exemption notification

Last update: 18 July 2022

Notification to the Office of the Children's Guardian of the emergency authorisation of a residential care worker to provide statutory out-of-home care in a residential setting.

72-hour exemption notification form

Please refer to the Guidelines on the emergency authorisation of staff or when sourcing from labour-hire (PDF) for more information on using this exemption.

Type of agency

Agency type

Exemption status

Has the agency previously engaged this individual to work in residential care by applying this exemption?

Exemption cannot be applied

This exemption cannot be applied a second time by the designated agency. The agency must complete the full process for entry onto the residential register, including authorisation under Section 23 of the Care Regulation. A decision to engage the individual as a residential care worker must be recorded on the register before they are permitted to work in a residential setting again.

If the agency is now aware that the worker has previously been engaged to work in residential care by applying this exemption, this form cannot be completed. The agency should contact our Registration Systems team at residential-register@ocg.nsw.gov.au and explain why this has occurred.

Return to Statutory out-of-home care and adoption

External hiring agency?

Is the worker being sourced from an external labour-hire agency?

External hiring agency details

Worker details

Which planning options have been implemented and exhausted by your agency before engaging an individual not already entered onto the residential register?

Temporary or emergency – additional questions

Has an ACA notification been made to DCJ?
More information about the ACA notification requirement will be available here once provided by DCJ.
Do you intend to enter the individual onto the residential register so they can be engaged again in the future?
Once the exemption has been applied to an individual, they cannot provide residential care again until the designated agency has completed the entry on the register and engaged them as a residential care worker.

Principal officer endorsement

Has the principal officer endorsed the request for exemption in this case?
The principal officer, in their role in overseeing the statutory out-of-home care program, is required to endorse the use of this exemption by the designated agency. Please consult the principal officer and seek endorsement before continuing.

Person sending this form

Was this page helpful?
Your rating will help us improve the website
You can now renew your WWCC by using digital proof of identity – no need to visit a Service NSW Centre.
How to renew using digital proof of identity (POI)

You will need:

  • A MyServiceNSW account with the WWCC service added
  • 3 current identity documents including a NSW driver licence or photo card
  • a device with a working front camera for face verification.

If you're renewing a paid WWCC, you will also need and a credit card, debit card, PayPal or PayID account.

If you have changed your name on your identity documents since the last time you renewed your WWCC, you can't renew using digital proof of identity.

Back to top