The Office of Children’s Guardian is responsible for the administration of the voluntary out-of-home care program and the development of statutory procedures.
The procedures address the key voluntary out-of-home care provisions of the Children’s Guardian Act 2019 and the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Regulation 2012.
The procedures apply to all agencies that provide, arrange or supervise voluntary out-of-home care. They establish a common framework for intake and assessment, supervision, case planning and interagency coordination
Chapter 16A of the Act establishes a framework for interagency coordination and information exchange between Voluntary out-of-home care agencies and other prescribed bodies.
The following resources regarding information exchange are available on the Family and Community Services website:
- A checklist for requesting information under Chapter 16A
- A template letter for requests of information
- A template letter for agreeing to a request for information
- A template letter for declining a request for information
- A template for requesting information from Community Services
Detailed information on mandatory reporting is also available from Family and Community Services.