The Office of the Children’s Guardian provides free training and resources to support child-related organisations.
Some of the things a child safe organisation does are:
- making a public commitment to child safety
- ensuring children have a voice
- having a child safe policy
- implementing a Code of Conduct that explains behavioural expectations of all staff
- ensuring staff working with children have a Working with Children Check when required, and verifying those Checks
- having a child focused complaint handling policy and processes
- providing new staff with an induction that explains the organisation’s values and expectations regarding child safety
Use these free resources to get started on your child safe journey.