Overseas and interstate applicants

Last update: 02 February 2022

Advice for Working with Children Check (WWCC) applicants outside of NSW. 

On this page

    You cannot apply for a NSW WWCC outside of NSW as the application process must be completed by attending a Service NSW Centre to have your identity verified and to make payment (if applicable).

    If you do not live or work with children in NSW, you do not need a NSW WWCC, unless you are an authorised carer or adult household member. Please check the WWCC requirements in your home state or territory.

    Authorised carers and their household members must hold a NSW WWCC clearance regardless of where they live, if the placement of the child is subject to a NSW Children’s Court order.

    More information on how out of state carers can apply for a WWCC

    If you occasionally enter NSW to deliver services to children, you should discuss the Working with Children Check requirements and possible exemptions with your organisation. It is the organisation’s responsibility to decide if a NSW Working with Children Check is needed.

    WWCC exemption categories 

    Was this page helpful?
    Your rating will help us improve the website
    Back to top