Exchanging information

Last update: 23 August 2023

We outline the process for exchanging information between designated agencies.

On this page

    When to share information 

    Designated agencies can share information with each other whenever it concerns the safety, welfare or wellbeing of children. 

    This includes:

    • probity and suitability checks (such as referee checks, health checks, other designated agency checks, pre-authorisation training)
    • assessment information and outcomes and reports
    • carer reviews
    • information about the carer’s household and household members, and
    • reportable allegations and their investigations or outcomes. 

    Department of Communities and Justice

    Community Services Check

    Before lodging an application for a Community Services Check, make sure that all probity checks for the applicant have been completed.

    This application does not apply to current Department of Communities and Justice carers transferring to your agency. The Checks for these applicants are completed during the transfer process.

    The form cannot be used to request a check for guardianship applications, applications for new adoptive parents or applications for residential care workers.

    This form cannot be used to request a check for a carer who is already authorised.

    Download and complete one form per applicant.

    Send applications for all applicants from one household together in a single email.

    Email the completed forms to:
    Email: CSCheck@facs.nsw.gov.au
    Phone: (02) 9716 3488

    Was this page helpful?
    Your rating will help us improve the website
    Back to top